BK Interior Design
INTERIOR DESIGN Project MANAGER
We are looking for a fantastic designer and project manager to join our team. You will gain full exposure to all aspects of the interior design process while working for a small but rapidly growing design interior firm. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self‐starter individual willing to roll up their sleeves and wear the many hats that goes with our fast paced deadline driven industry.
- Drafting of interior architectural drawing sets including: floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, electrical plans, interior elevations and millwork details.
- Formatting of construction document interior architectural drawing sets
- Sourcing of finishes, plumbing fixtures, door and cabinet hardware, appliances and decorative lighting fixtures
- Generating excel spreadsheets documenting approved finishes, plumbing fixtures, door and cabinet hardware, appliances and lighting fixtures.
- Correspondence with contractors to relay information on approved finishes, plumbing fixtures, door hardware, appliances and lighting fixtures.
- Construction meetings to oversee and manage quality of construction.
- Maintain project binders and materials.
- Render interior elevations and prepare client presentations.
- Close coordination with Principal and Senior Designer.
- Participate in client design presentations.
- Sourcing of interior furnishings and interior architectural items under guidance of Principal and Senior Designer
- Vendor correspondence to obtain quotes on selected furniture and fixtures
- Order entry on approved furniture and fixtures using Studio Designer
- Post sales follow- up, order tracking and expediting to ensure timely and safe arrival of merchandise
- Correspondence with warehouse facilities, movers and installers
- Installation of interior furnishings items
Credentials / Qualifications
- Degree from accredited interior design or architecture program
- Strong time management skills & ability to multi task
- Reliable, focused, and detail oriented
- Team player with high level of initiative
- Strong communications skills verbally and written
- Knowledge of sales (preferably interior design), order processing and post sales follow up
- Access to car for site meetings, sourcing and office errands
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) ‐required
- Ability to read architectural and interior design drawings
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) – preferred but not required
- Purchasing software – Studio Designer preferred but not required
What We Offer
- Full Time Employment, Salary commensurate with experience
- A nurturing, creative and healthy working environment
- Boundless opportunities for growth
- Benefits to be discussed